We are on the hunt for yet another amazing intern to join our team for three months. If you are looking for a challenge, are self-motivated, and wiling to commit 3-days a week to learning then we would love to talk to you. Please see the details below:
Technical Applications Intern
Burnette Associates is an innovative provider of technology solutions and advice for wealth management, hedge fund, and asset management firms in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are currently looking for a self-motivated, intelligent, and enthusiastic intern to join our team in Johannesburg, South Africa. We are a small, focused, group of very different and very dynamic individuals with the shared goal of providing the very best advice and technology to support investment management.
The Technical Applications Intern will be key in growing the company’s technical knowledge base, assisting in maintaining our Hyper-V, mobile, Chrome OS, and client test environments, and assisting in the development of client facing interfaces and reports. The intern will also occasionally be required to attend meetings with partners, prospects, and clients.
The role includes comprehensive training on capital markets, investing, and the investment management industry in sub-Saharan Africa. The role is based in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg.
The ideal intern is either in their final year of university or a recent graduate and looking for a career in software engineering, capital markets, or business systems analysis in addition to:
- An interest in finance and investing, specifically growing your own wealth
- Some exposure to a CMS (Joomla!, WordPress, etc.)
- Some exposure to Google apps (Gmail anyone)
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- A desire to learn a new industry and make a real contribution to a SME
- Extremely self-motivated and able to juggle school, work, and play
- A unique skill, asset, or talent
- You have a blog (personal or otherwise)
- You are a programmer, web developer, or have your own sites and/or apps online or in an app store
This internship offers real-world experience, is paid, and can lead to a full-time career in consulting with the business. If you are interested, please send your CV (2 pages maximum), a page or two about yourself, and an example of any relevant work you have done (link to a blog, website, or an article is fine) to careers at burnette llc dot com. Candidate submissions not meeting the criteria above will not be considered.